Thursday, January 6, 2011

Theatre in London Interim Class Begins

Jeannettosaurus in Japan is now Jeannettosaurus in London!

I'm in London for a month to study theatre with a class. I wasn't planning on keeping a blog while I'm here, but I'm doing so much stuff that I feel the need to write. I've been so busy these past two days that I feel like I haven't had time to rest my body and empty my mind.

So here I go. But I'll be emptying my mind while sacrificing the chance to rest my body because it's already 1am right now and I will be getting up around 8am.

We arrived here yesterday around noon. By 5 o'clock we were so tired that it could've been 3 in the morning. After an amazing Italian dinner (salad: mozzarella cheese, tomato slices, avacodo; main course: thick, flat pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce; dessert: heavy chocolate mousse cake) that took 2 hours to be served and eaten.

I didn't sleep very well last night for a variety of reasons. Light shining in my room. Feeling cold. Pain in my elbow every time I put pressure on it. (I had tripped and fell on the streets of London and ripped my coat at the elbow). Being overly conscious of two other people also sleeping in the room. (It's been a year and a half since I last had a roommate.) Being overly excited for the next day, our first real day of the trip.

Today we had our first class in the morning, and after that I explored Baker Street with a few other people. I found edamame beans in one of the cafes we went into, and I ate them all in one sitting tonight.

After lunch we all had a half-day guided bus tour of London. The city is so pretty, and everything has a story behind it. I found myself wishing I could be able to live in London. (We'll see if I still want to live here after being here four more weeks.)

I was dead tired after that and took a nap, which means I got nothing done that I had been meaning to do. Then it was time for dinner, and after that, we went to our first play of the month: War Horse.

I don't know how to describe how awesome it was. I need to become better at figuring out why I liked each play because otherwise I will be saying the same thing for every play. But War Horse. You should look it up. And see it if you can. It was wonderful.

And that leads me to what I'm doing now. Tomorrow I'm giving a presentation on one of the next plays we're seeing (The Master Builder), and I've just finished preparing for that. I'm finished with what I had to say for now, but my mind is still awake and wanting to do things. What else was on my to-do list?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're writing again! I love reading your stuff :D

    ReplyDelete

Jeannettosaurus in Japan!