Friday, July 30, 2010

Cold Feet?

Whether it’s because I’ll be going home soon or because I've truly become comfortable, I feel like now I can survive in Japan on my own. I don’t need my electronic dictionary or other people to help me. I can figure things out on my own; I can speak in Japanese, ask question, and understand the answers I’m given.

Now I don’t want to leave. Well, I want to go back to the U.S., but only as a vacation. I want to see my cats, my grandparents, and my friends and eat all the delicious and cheap food I have been able to eat this past year in Japan. Then I want to come back to Japan.

I’m scared of returning to the U.S. because what if I don’t fit in my old environment anymore? What happens if my friends and I don’t get along as well or if I become uninterested in the things I was doing before I came to Japan?

I'll find out soon enough because I'm going back to the US in about three weeks.

1 comment:

  1. 名古屋の夏は本当に暑いでしょ、まだ日本にいるなら、祭りとか観光とか楽しんでください。

    ReplyDelete

Jeannettosaurus in Japan!