Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Love Nagoya Port

I had a really nice, relaxing Saturday. I woke up around 9 or 10 to an invitation via text message to have an apartment-cooked meal with my friends. My boyfriend and I had planned to spend the day together, so when he came over, we both went to the lunch. It was really nice to spend time with both my friends and my boyfriend. And the food was nice.

After lunch, my boyfriend and I went to Nagoya Port just to hang out. When we got there, it was too close to closing time to go to the aquarium, so we just walked around outside, looked at the sea, and saw the different statues and things scattered around the area. We also went to the souvenir shop, where I spent quite a bit of time looking at all the adorable stuffed animals. XP I got a small, round, adorable penguin and an equally adorable penguin cell phone charm for a friend that still didn't have any cell phone charms. There is an adorable beluga whale stuffed animal for ¥1,000 that I'll go back and get some day soon. (Did I say "adorable" enough? Adorable.)

I love Nagoya Port. It was overcast yesterday, so there weren't a lot of people, and it was so relaxing. I want to go back soon. I hope the next time can be as relaxing.

Before we knew it, it was dinner time. I was craving a bacon cheeseburger, so we went to a restaurant one station over from my apartment, and I ate the most amazing burger. The menu was basically all American dishes like tacos and chili fries, so I can imagine I'll be going there often to get a bit of comfort food. I'm so glad I was able to have a bacon cheeseburger. I also had a bottle of Coke. I felt revived. I've been starting to exit the "honeymoon phase" of living in Japan and going into the "I'm not happy here" phase, but being able to retreat into my comfort zone a bit has refreshed my spirit. I'm ready to do my best.

Tomorrow's Monday, which means my Japanese classes finally start. I'm so psyched. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeannettosaurus in Japan!